Wednesday, June 12, 2013

No More Pencils.....

This was the last day of school for my youngest - technically speaking she has 2 more days but they are half days and exams are scheduled for both mornings, so today was really the last day.



It was so different, no end of the year parties when you're in high school. 


I remember making special autograph tee shirts for the whole class, organizing water balloon fights for the end of the year party,


agonizing over the perfect gift for the extra special teacher who really made my child feel extra special,


writing notes to express my true appreciation for those teachers who went above and beyond


and when they were finally released we (the children and I) had a celebratory restaurant lunch!


So yeah it's kind of a let down for me. We'll still go out for lunch but...


I think I'm the only one who doesn't feel this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment